We’re looking for an Assistant Manager to help spread the craft beer joy here at Caps and Taps. It’ll be 30-40 hours a week with some flexibility, but Friday evenings and Saturdays are our busiest times. We generally close no later than 9pm, but may require you to stay a little later if we are holding an event.
Caps and Taps is an independent craft beer shop in North London. We’ve been selling beer in store and online since April 2014, but moved to our new home in Tufnell Park in 2021. We have a lovely bunch of customers from beer expert regulars to curious people just starting out on their beer journeys as well as a healthy amount of canine companions.
Who we’re looking for
- Not really a ‘skill,’ but you must be passionate about craft beer
- Computer literate - we use Google workplace and love spreadsheets.
- Able to self-motivate and organise - there’s always something that needs to be done here!
- Ability to work alone.
- Passionate for customer service & local community
- Previous customer service experience
- Social Media/blog writing
- Bar experience, esp. changing a keg, line cleaning, etc.
- Interest in other Tasty Beverages (™), esp natural wine and great cider
- Has a personal licence or is willing to get one
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Friendly and efficient customer service
- Being a keyholder, opening and closing the shop.
- Fulfilling Online Orders
- Restocking the fridges
- Keeping the shop clean & tidy
- Unpacking deliveries into fridges and stock/cold room.
- Creating and inputting products into retail systems
- Photographing new stock (website and socials)
- Assisting with events
- Pricing up fridges
- Cleaning glasses
- Organising displays and merchandising
- Stamping bags
- End of Day reporting
Salary & Benefits
- £12.75 per hour
- Beer/Wine/Cider Staff Discount & Allowance
- If not already held, Training for Certified Beer Server and WSET Level 1&2
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
- Obvious Legal Minimums - 28 Days Holiday pro-rata, Pension Scheme.
How to Apply
Please email your CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Assistant Manager Application in the subject line.